Mobile Edge SecurePack 17" Backpack White Camoflage/Orange Right now


I travel frequently for business and personal reasons and often bring my HP Pavilion dv9823cl 17" widescreen computer with me. My large computer doesn't fit in a standard-size backpack. So when I fly and carry on my luggage, I end up with three bags - a backpack with my purse and electronic items inside, a computer sleeve with handles, and a suitcase - one too many items to comply with carry-on rules. Sometimes the airline and airport staff make a big deal about this. I wanted a new backpack that would fit my computer AND my purse contents AND my electronic items like chargers AND some magazines AND my snacks AND will fit under the airplane seat in front of me. So far, this bag looks like it will work!

I like the color (black with yellow trim) because it's conservative enough for business, hides dirt, and still stands out from all-black generic stuff. I like the design because it's low-profile on my back and doesn't stick out too far like my old backpack did. It does make me look like a turtle, but then again all backpacks make people kind of look like turtles. I was hesitant about the backwards opening that makes it more secure because I had never seen a design like that before. Although it makes it a little more difficult to slide my computer in and out because I have to maneuver the computer through the straps to get to the pocket, it is a small price to pay for security. The main compartment where the computer goes opens wide but not wide enough to where everything falls out. By "everything" I mean the two large mesh zip bags that are included and Velcro-ed in place in the main compartment. I use those bags to store my full-size mouse and chargers (for cell phone, cell phone earbud, digital camera, computer) and valuables (wallet, cell phone, digital camera, GPS). I can also put one or two Eagle Pack-It tubes (full size or half size) inside before zipping up the compartment. There's still a little more room for two stuffed small Ziplocs for my travel-size liquids and snacks, a magazine or two, and maybe a bottle of water and a scarf. The bag feels well placed on my back, as other reviewers have said. However, it hangs low because I am a petite 5'2". But it is not uncomfortable. In addition, the carry handle on top is sturdy and thick, which is important because when fully loaded my bag feels like it weighs at least 10 lbs, maybe even 20 lbs, and I frequently hang it from hooks in bathroom stalls when traveling. I don't use the little pocket for the MP3 player.

I have yet to test whether it will fit under the airplane seat in front of me, but I am already sold on this backpack. My previous backpack, an REI Big Byte, served me well for 10 years, but with my huge computer, I needed a different backpack. The Mobile Edge SecurePack looks like it's the one!Get more detail about Mobile Edge SecurePack 17" Backpack White Camoflage/Orange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment