The Birth Partner, Third Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions (Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, &)


I first read this book when my best friend of 18 years and her husband asked me to be their labor coach. It was a great honor and a life-changing experience. To be involved in a miraculous moment where a couple becomes a family was unforgettable, and I will never forget the joy they experienced as they welcomed their daughter into the world. Of course, given I have not yet experience pregnancy (or birth), I had a lot to learn! And this is where I started.

Penny Simkin's instructive guide, The Birth Partner, is an excellent way for ANYONE to gain insight into the birth process. The book is broken down into 4 parts: Before the Birth, Labor and Birth, The Medical Side of Childbirth, and After the Birth. As a first-timer to the childbirth scene, I found the information in this book easy to understand, yet thorough enough for a detail-oriented person like me.

The Birth Partner will prepare anyone (spouse, partner, friend or parent) to be the calm, supportive, comforting constant the mother-to-be will need throughout the pregnancy, labor and birth process. You will learn what to expect during this process, including:

- Explanation of a Birth Plan
- Supplies you will need for the hospital
- Signs of labor
- Timing contractions
- When you should go to the hoBuy The Birth Partner, Third Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions (Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, &)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment