Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 500 GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDH1U5000N


I purchased the WD My Book 500mb external hard drive about a year ago with a 3 year warranty. The drive failed after about 4 months with constant clicking and I lost everything that was on this drive. I received a replacement drive quickly. The second drive lasted about 7 months and last week the drive started clicking again... once again I lost everything on the drive. I went on WD's web site and the replacement drive had a 90 day warranty and I am out of luck getting a replacement drive from this company. I am in the process of purchasing another drive. I do not recommend this drive simply because the Western Digital company obviously does not have faith in their own product, otherwise the 3 year warranty would have carried over to the replacement drive. For two drives to fail in a year's time is not very good odds either and it seems the WD company feels the same about their own product. Buy Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 500 GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive WDH1U5000N!

0 comments:

Post a Comment