Cheap Sony PRS-505/LC Blue Digital Book Reader


It's not just for e-books. With Sony's "eBook Library" or, my favorite software, Kovid Goyal's free (open source) "Calibre" on my computer, I've downloaded & converted thousands of free books (public domain), news feeds (rss), blogs, and html articles from hundreds of respected on-line sources.

I use to download material to my laptop. But I grew tired of the bulky, heat and nose producing, contraption on my desk/lap/bed/couch/in my bathroom. The e-reader is so natural to use, I've at times found myself turning it over looking for the next page.

The PRS-505 doesn't have wireless connection (like Kindle) but it doesn't need it! It also doesn't have the Kindle's unnecessary bulk and the 50+ keys/buttons to fumble with. Through your computer, it does everything the Kindle can do, but the 505 is a lot smaller (footprint, not screen) and easier to use.

I've used my PRS-505 (daily) for two years. It's function flawlessly and I've read more books & news articles then every before in my life. I've downloaded books, maps, dictionaries, and even graphic novels, and not once wished I had any of the added functionality advertised by the Kindle - or even the newest reader models (Touch, Pocket, or Daily). The PRS-505 is, in a word, perfect.
Get more detail about Sony PRS-505/LC Blue Digital Book Reader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment