Sony Reader Digital Book with touch screen - PRS700BC Get it now!


I own the PRS-505 (silver). I had a chance to compare it side-by-side with the 700. The clarity of the 505 screen sold it. The 700 is a nice unit, but the foggy display makes it feel like a cheap imitation. I am shocked Sony didn't come up with a better solution.

The 505 is thinner (visually - a little, by touch - a huge difference).
The 505 is easier to use single-handed.
The 505 is easier to read in low-light (at night in bed).

The metal finish on the Sonys is warm to the touch, and slightly textured to be enjoyable to hold.

If you plan on getting PDF documents, there is a free program to convert it to .LRF and cut it up to display properly. As I have thousands of PDF textbooks (thanks, Google!) it was very important that I be able to use the device to read my documents. (Kindle's first version made it almost impossible to convert pdfs).

I also find that (as an engineer) I can create my own technical documents specifically to display on the Sony and I can carry them with me wherever.

Not only a friend in quiet times, but a major addition to my toolbelt as well.

An awesome invention. It looks like the datapad from Star Trek as well. If they ever manage the screen in color I'll be thrilled.
Get more detail about Sony Reader Digital Book with touch screen - PRS700BC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment