Western Digital My Book Home 500 GB USB 2.0/FireWire 400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive WDH1CS5000N Review


Drive worked pretty flawlessly for a little over 1 year, used on a daily basis, and avoided moving it around to prevent damage to the drive while it was in operation. However, one day when I turned on my computer, it had difficulty detecting the drive. I was able to create a connection, and load up my music, which would play through a random amount of music, and then freeze up. Further investigation revealed a hideous amount of bad sectors, (well over 200,000!) which is a ridiculous number to get overnight. Not sure what caused the problem, but I will be sending in for a replacement unit from WD, as it is apparently still under warranty. As a side note, my unit was purchased from Circuit City, August 2008. I will report on the second drive if it encounters similar problems.Get more detail about Western Digital My Book Home 500 GB USB 2.0/FireWire 400/eSATA Desktop External Hard Drive WDH1CS5000N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment