Western Digital WDG2NC15000N 1.5 TB My Book World Edition II Hard Drive Decide Now



Set this drive up on a wireless N router. Only seems to transfer data at 2-3Mbps over a 150Mbps link max, so the Gigabit Ethernet is not necessary. I have Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows 7 on the network and the drive integrates them all pretty well. Linux works well with NFS mounts, MAC time machine backups work great. Windows 7 is able to access shares with password protection, but MAC is not. MAC can access public shares ok. Video playback on MAC does not work with native media player, but VLC player works good. I have a subversion repository set-up on the drive and it works great over NFS on a Linux client.

The only "issues" for me is that MAC cannot seem to access password protected shares and the only external USB mass storage devices that seem to mount automatically are VFAT partitions. It is possible to mount an external ext3 partion manually by enabling ssh and logging into the device as root. Hopefully these issues will be resolved in a future update.

I should mention that although I ordered from this page depicting a "blue-ring" device, what I received was the "white light" version.Get more detail about Western Digital WDG2NC15000N 1.5 TB My Book World Edition II Hard Drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment